Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Road Less Traveled // Honest to Blog

I totally love Kaelah's Honest to Blog series, so I decided to secretly borrow it from her. :D Na, just kidding, I totally asked her permission. Did you really think I'd steal a fellow bloggers idea? *winks*

And with that disclosure, here follows Katie's first post in her own Honest to Blog series:

I may not show it here on the blog much, but I have a bad habit of being a bit of a doom-and-gloom sort of person - at least lately. This bothers me because I'm really not unhappy - I'm actually the happiest I've ever been before.


I have trouble expressing it sometimes - I have too many words for my brain to process - but I really feel like I'm on the right path now. Is it the path everyone wants me on? Probably not. Is a path everyone aproves of? No. But then, since when have I ever been on a path that everyone liked and approved of?

I've always done my best not to worry about what other people think/say and do what I believe is right and God-honoring in my life. Because, really, that's all that matters, and I know that if I do anything less than that I will regret it. One of my goals in life is to live without regrets, and while this may seem unrealistic to some people, I don't think it is. I don't mean I want to never make mistakes - we all do that - but I don't want to regret those mistakes, because everything is in God control, and He knows everything that is going to happen to me. Everything - ever mistake, every failure, and ever success will play a roll in shaping my life. If even one of those "failures" didn't happen I wouldn't be who I am today - and since I really like who I am today, why would I waste my time regretting something I can't change, that has helped me be who I am today?

It seems pretty stupid to me, so I'm not going to do that. I'm going to live my life the way I feel is right for me based on my strengths and desires and what I feel God is calling me to do. Some may call this nieve, but I can't live my life based on what others think I should do. I'm not as childish as everyone thinks I am. I don't make all my decisions based on my emotions - quite the oposite, really - I try to make all my decisions with the thought of "what will I think of this when I'm 40?" And right now, where I am, and where I'm headed seems right to me.

I have absolutely amazing friends - I mean, really awesome - a great family, and a blog I love. I know where I want to be in ten years, I am doing my best to get there, and I am enjoying the journey there, too. After all, it's not about the destination, it's about the journey, right?

Hoping you all have a lovely weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. I love the whole "Honest to Blog" feature. I always get inspired by her posts to start my own. It feels good to be open and honest.

    -Arielle
    www.humblepievintage.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!