Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Make Up Essentials


Ok, this post is pretty long... I almost didn't post it, but I decided that I really wanted to since I love make up and I really wanted to show you all some of my favorite products. These are the things I use most often (clockwise from left):

Sonia Kashuk tanslucient powder: My favorite powder by far. I love the way it feels and it blends with my natural skin color really well. I really need to get some more...

Neutrogena healthy skin foundation: This is the only foundation I've worn, but I like it lots. It's sometimes hard to find foundations that match my skin since I'm not as fair as the lightest one, but have more pink undertones than the next one up. This one matches really well, so I'm happy.

Urban Decay Primer Potion: Works great and helps my eye shadow go on and last.

Urban Decay Feminine palette: I love this palette! I'm not sure if I they sell it anymore, but I love it tons. It has pink, tan, light brown, dark brown, purple and teal eye shadow in it. They go on really well and have really vibrant colors (which is great for me, since I love color!).

Aquaphor lotion: Maybe this seems like an odd thing to have in my make up, but it works wonders on chap lips, which is great because I have a terrible time with chap lips.

Ulta lip sticks #115 and #123: These are two of my favorite lip sticks. I usually wear them together since I have yet to find a perfect fuchsia lip stick, but sometimes I sometimes I wear them them separately.

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Sultry: I got this lipstick earlier this year, and I love it. It's the perfect nude/natural looking lip stick for me, and it's really creamy.

Ulta Lash Icon mascara in black: I'm not picky about what mascara I use, this the last one I got, but I usually use Covergirl Lashblast, but I decided to try this one. I think they're equally as good, and like I said, I'm not picky.

Mary Kay Nurishine lip gloss in Fancy Nancy: I got this several weeks ago, and I love it! I'm not usually much of a lip gloss girl, but this one is great! It's not sticky at all, has a great pinky color, and little gold sparkles in it. I absolutely love it!

Mary Kay liquid eyeliner in black: I got this at the same time I got the lip gloss, because I wanted to try this Twiggy inspired make up, but I've found myself using it lots now! I even have a make up tutorial using it planned for next week!

Mary Kay mineral cheek color in bold blush: I also got this when I got the lip gloss (and liquid eyeliner). It's been really hard for me to find a blush with fuchsia tones to it. All the ones I've tried have either been too pink or too orange-y so I was thrilled when I found this one! It goes on great, looks awesome and even when I dropped it it didn't shatter! I love, love this product.

Urban Decay pencil eyeliner in black (not pictured): This came with my feminine palette, and if I'm not wearing my liquid eyeliner, you can bet I'm wearing my black pencil eyeliner. I know black eyeliner with fair skin is a fashion faux pas, but I don't care, because I love the way it looks on me. :)


1 comment:

  1. I read all of that. It was like reading Latin and I have no idea what all those things are, but I knew the word creamy. Reminds me of hot chocolate, which I want now. And a cookie...and a blizzard.
    Creamy is such a fun word. I like creamy things. But I think the creamy thing you are talking about isn't tasty.

    A Bit Unlikely,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!