Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Monday, October 25, 2010

Music Mondays - #2 Taylor Swift's Mine

I was going to share a song by Loreena McKennitt today, but in honor of the release of Taylor Swift's newest album, Speak Now, today, I decided to share one of the songs from it.

Mine was released several weeks ago as as single. Being a fan of Taylor Swift, I quickly downloaded it, and instantly had a new favorite song.

I have not always been a fan of Taylor Swift, though. In fact, it wasn't until last year that I started liking her. Before then I had thought she was just another annoying teen star - like Miley Cyrus. It wasn't until I really listened to the lyrics of Love Story that I began to like her.

And said, marry me Juliet
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story baby just say yes.

I thought it was cool that Romeo talked to her dad, and that the song ended with them engaged instead of just getting together. I liked Love Story that that was "the only one."

Well, one lead to two, which led to three and the next thing I know I like her entire two albums and am anxiously counting down the days till her third is released - something I haven't done since And Winter Came... by Enya came out two years ago.

And, also like Enya, it's not the just music I like about Taylor Swift - I like her. She does what she loves because she loves it and because she loves it she does well and is successful. She sings about boys a little too much for my taste, but she says she doesn't need a boy friend and is happy single - she also won't put up with dating jerky boys. She's 5' 11" and still isn't afraid to wear tall heels - something I'm shy of doing at just 5' 8"!

All and all she is a huge inspiration to me. She's far from perfect, I know, but I admire her attitude.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

2 comments:

  1. *listening to Taylor's new album*
    Amazing!
    You won't be disappointed.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i had no idea she's 5'11"! very awesome. truthfully, i've never heard her stiff, but i read an article on yahoo yesterday about the cryptic messages she writes in her songs about boys. one of them is john mayer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!