Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Monday, November 1, 2010

Music Mondays - #3 Demi Lovato's La La Land

I was planning on posting some of my favorite songs to write to during NaNoWriMo this month, but, at the last minute I decided not to.

I think sometimes - ok, maybe a lot of times - I live too much in the past. I try to re-live different, "perfect" moments again and again - most of the time by listening to the same music I did during that time.

Today, however, I realized that I need to stop that. I'm not the same girl I was last year, or the year before, and I'm not the girl I'll be next year - but I like who I am now and I need to start living in the now. So instead of focusing on what music I was addicted to two years ago, I'm going to start sharing music that I love, and speaks to me now. Starting this week.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

La La Land is the song by Demi Lovato that I started to like - though she has since come to be one of my favorite artists - and it's kind of been my theme song this summer/autumn.

I've changed a lot this year. Things that I used to love just aren't me anymore - and I'm ok with that. Sometimes it's been hard - I think sometimes my family still wishes I was the same as I had been before - but I like who I am and I can't change for anybody, even if I wanted to. I am who God made me, and I think I am finally finding what He wants me to do.

Well, I'm not gonna change in the La La Land machine
I will stay the same in the La La Land
Machine, machine, machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!