Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blossoms Filled the Room // Daily Outfit

I feel as if I'm finally getting used to the new "normal." I'm wearing skirts to work, and actually making new friends. I feel like I'm finally coming out of of my shell, and it feels amazing! I also think it's really good for me. I think that I need to be on my own more and start making more of my own friends - not just friends of the family.

It can be so tempting, sometimes, to put up a bad situation because it's so hard/scary to try a new, different situation. But let's face it - that's no way to live. Anything worth having is worth fighting for and often times requires it. I want to feel alive and to that I have to go through both the dreams and the disasters - so so be it! I'd rather live and be hurt and tell my children and grandchildren the story of it than go through life without having really ever lived. So here's to life's little disasters. ♥

In other news this outfit reminded me of a 1950's house dress with the high neckline, button-down top, wide belt and full skirt. Am I the only one who sees the resemblance?

♥ ♥ ♥       
blouse: Rue 21
skirt: made by me
shoes: Urban Og
belt: thrifted
bag: ModCloth

1 comment:

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!