Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Monday, October 3, 2011

Music Monday #19 - Taylor Swift's Fearless



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Fearless has been a favorite song of mine almost as long as I've had this blog.

When I started this blog I was still finding myself. I was sixteen years old and just getting of a long writing novels/loving Celtic Folk music phase and I wasn't really sure of anything I was doing. I worried about what people said lots, and I was really struck by the way Taylor said "Fearless" in the chorus of this song. Not like she was describing her actions, but as if she were describing herself - at least that's how it seemed to me - and I loved the idea of that. The idea of being able to be fearless, and not care what other people thought of me. So the tagline for my blog became "Beautifully pure, beautifully fearless." I had it all over - on my Twitter, Chictopia, FaceBook, etc. Slowly it got replaced though, as I needed to be reminded of it less and less.

I re-found this song the other day after months of not really listening to it, and this time a new line caught my attention. "You take my hand and drag me head first - fearless." I love the idea of someone just - being so awesome I can't help but let them see the real me. I would "dance in storm in my best dress" with someone like that - or, as I prefer to say: I'd run through space and time with someone like that. :)