Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Monday, July 25, 2011

Music Monday - #13 Demi Lovato's Skyscraper


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Skyscraper is not only Demi Lovato's newest single, but also the first song she's released since getting out of the hospital earlier this year. I love this song. I think it just might be my new favorite song by Demi Lovato. I love the strength behind it.

You can take everything I have,
You can break everything I am,
Like I'm made of glass,
Like I'm made of paper.
Go on and try to tear me down.
I will be rising from the ground,
Like a skyscraper,
Like a skyscraper.

If anyone knows about being torn down it is Demi Lovato - teased in school so badly she was pulled out to be home schooled, tortured by an eating disorder, cutting, and low self esteem. But she has risen above it all - not only getting rid of the self destructive behavior, but doing everything she can to help other girls kick it, too. She is a huge inspiration to me, and this song is a great reminder of the wonderful example she's set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!