Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Monday, July 4, 2011

Hidden Away

This title has absolutely nothing to do with this post. Why did I chose it, then? Because I like Josh Groban, and Hidden Away is my favorite song of his, and it reminds me of my big sister, since we listened to it about a million times on our road trip this spring, and I am excited to see her on Wednesday. How's that for a run on sentence??I wish I was one of those smart girls who wrote down their dreams. I wish that when I was younger and longing for a big sister I had written down everything I would do with her. I think I've probably done a lot of them in the past few years. But then, my list would have changed - the few things I do remember wanting to do with a big sister certainly have! I wanted her to teach me how to do make up and hair, and now I know more about it then her! But I don't care - I like getting to teach her, instead. And watching Dr. Who together while doing our nails wouldn't have been on it, but I am so excited to do that with her this week!I guess maybe this title is appropriate for this post. I think I was hidden away for a long while - I was so insecure and frightened I was afraid to be myself - and I didn't even know it. I did things just to get attention. I needed a big sister to pull me out of my shell - and I got the best one in the entire world!I think girls with big sisters don't realize how much of a blessing it is. How much I would have done anything in the world to have one when I was younger. I'm so, so thankful to have one now, and I can't wait to see her on Wednesday - I am going to run up to her, throw my arms around her and give her a huge hug. And then we are going to ride the train back to my house, giggling and pretending to be Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson all the way. <3
{shirt/borrowed from my mom ~ skirt/thrifted ~ shoes/thrifted ~ necklace/ModCloth ~ sunglasses/Deliahs via my little sister ~ bow headband/Plato's Closet}

But about this outfit: my family always celebrates Independence Day on the Sunday before - the day the parade in our town is on. So in honor of it I wore this, very patriotic, outfit. I'm so pleased with how it looked. I love the gingham skirt - it reminds me of picnics and barbecues, so it seemed just perfect to celebrate the 4th in! What did you all do and wear this week end? Please tell me! :D

6 comments:

  1. Ohh! That's the long skirt you got from the thrift-store with me, isn't it? It's really really cute! It does fit well for the 4th. :)

    I miss you! <3 <3

    Love,
    Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. foudn your blog off of ruby eyed okapi. you're adorable. and hidden away is my favorite groban song too. I love driving with my windows down with that blaring. people make funny faces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute skirt, love the shoes too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photographs. I found you via the Modcloth flickr group ...

    Kelly xo
    Elegantly Academic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this skirt. I think you are smart for NOT writing out your dreams. . .because dreams only go so far while living life is wonderful and worth it!!!! Are the new Sherlock episodes out yet? I'll have to look up when the new ones do come out. I've only seen those first three.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!