Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Friday, April 1, 2011

More 70's Inspiration

I apologize for the boring-ness of these photos but I hope the cute-ness of the outfit will make up for it.

I got this dress last week from a thrift store. When I got it it was a too-short-for-me-maxi-dress but I cut off the ruffle and I rather like the look now.

I think this dress is very reminiscent of teh 1970's. Usually I'm not at all inspired by that time period, but this spring I've been really liking it - if only elements of it. I wished this jacket was cropped, though - I think it would have looked better. I might cut this one off sometime, but my mom said she wishes she had a jacket like it, so I feel bad wanting to cut if off, even though I think it would look awesome.

Even without the cropped jacket, I'm still really happy with how this outfit looked, and with how much vintage and/or thrifted pieces there are. Nearly %50 of this outfit is either from the thrift store or vintage. I've really been trying to buy/wear more indie, vintage, and thrifted clothes. It's so much more quaint and old fashioned. Especially when one alters the thrifted clothes!

Outfit Details:
Dress - Thrifted
Tights - Simply Vera by Vera Wang (Kohls)
Sandals - Merona
Cardigan - Vintage
Denim Jacket - Thrifted
Belt - Charlotte Russe
Sunglasses - Forever 21 via my big sister, Heather

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, as always! I always love your style but your recent post are just great! I love 70s style and thrifting.
    -Meagan
    htt://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this outfit, I like the dress a lot. it is very cute with the lace at the top and the puff sleeves. It looks really nice with the jacket but I agree, I think it would be cute with a cropped jacket but it also looks really nice with the long one. But I think the belt just made it perfect. I love that belt, it is a nice color and has such a cute large bow on it 8-D
    Post again soon!!!
    Love,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so pretty! I luurve the tiny little print :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that outfit is killer! i loooove the bow belt and shoes!!! and also tights. the whole thing is niiice, really :)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little bit of lace around the collar :) Looking great!

    My jeans jacket same as yours is on it's last legs.. I can't seem to find one in that cut to replace it at all though. Might be easier to find another to crop and keep this one for another time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sunnies and the gorgeous dress in this post. :)

    Love

    Tashrin
    Twitter - @ishrattrishna

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best shoes... and the colour of that dress is great on you. But I really, really want those shoes...even though I'm sure I wouldn't be able to walk in them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable and femenine I love they way you mixed everything. Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. goodness I love this dress!!!!!!!!!!!! it's so pretty on you too. the detail is so unique!! i like it a lot!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!