Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Monday, February 21, 2011

Music Monday - #9 Taylor Swift's Fifteen


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Last week I did a post on a friend of mine that had not been a good friend. This week I want to do a post about a friend of mine that has gone above and beyond the calls of friendship.

I met Heather online nearly three and a half years ago, and she's been as true a big sister as any blood related one ever was. She led me to Christ, and has not since guiding me since. She makes me read my bible when she knows I need to; comforted me when I was crying because i was growing up and everything was changing; and has never, ever treated me like I'm just a little girl, or told me I was too little, or something was too hard for me to do.

When I was writing for fame she never told me to stop or that I couldn't do it - she just guided me in the right direction and praised me when I finally gave up that silly wish. When I wanted to be a musician despite the fact that I can't play a single instrument, she never told me it was too hard, she just encouraged me to work at it. And now that I want to open my own fashion boutique, she reads my blog everyday, lets me show her all the pictures I take, and all around encourages as much as is humanly possible. And she never, ever left me despite how much I deserved it.

So that's why I love this song by Taylor Swift - because it sounds like me. I was boy crazy when I was fifteen, and I thought I knew who I was but I didn't. But someone told me they loved me when I was fifteen, but unlike Taylor it wasn't a boy - it my sister. And unlike Taylor, that person still tells me they love me everyday - and I know she always will. <3

1 comment:

  1. I love that head dress!
    Isn't it amazing to have a friend who is always there for you, no matter how stupid one gets, or how annoying you can be? It truly is a blessing :]
    Distant Dreamer. Follow my every move

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!