Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Creative Nomad

Creative Nomad #1

Creative Nomad #3

Since starting this blog I have often asked myself why I blog. Is it to promote modesty? To become popular (that one usually comes up at times when my self esteem , as in "am I really awful and just trying to be popular?")? To make friends? The answer is that I do it for a lot of reasons, and one of the most important to me I didn't enen notice till last Friday.

I don't know how many of you know this but I used to write books. None of the were published but it was my dream as well as my goal to get them to that point. I wrote every day - even if it was just a few words. But durring my sixteenth year I realized that I have very little talent for writing fiction, and that I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I did - so I stopped writing my books. It's not as sad as it sounds - I don't miss them at all. But what I did miss was the feeling of doing something creative. Until I started this blog I was a creative nomad, with nothing to do.


Creative Nomad #4

A lot of people think I am vain for working on my blog so hard. They see me spending so much time self portraits and label it vanity without a second thought. But the truth is, a lot of times I don't want to fix up. I don't want to put on a dress and do my hair and make up and spend many minutes trying to decide which accessories look best - I do it because I think I have a responsibility as a blog owner to make sure I regularly have good content for my readers, and because I enjoy the creativity of it. I enjoy stretching my brain and trying to find mor ways to wear everything in my closet, I enjoy racking my brain for different photo shoots to do. THat creative work out every day is something I have missed lots since I stopped writing, and is a big motivation behind why I blog. It's not the only reason - but it is part of it, and it's also why I am going to try to have four outfit posts every week from now on.

So today's pictures (from last Friday) are not the best, but I created something, and I felt awesome in this outfit all night long - and that's all that matters.

Creative Nomad #5

Creative Nomad #7

(P.S. Sorry todays pictures are smaller. Something was messing up and I couldn't get them to work at the normal size. >.<)

Outfit Details:
Dress - Gap
Tights - Merona
Shoes - Xhilaration
Shirt - My little sisters
Clutch - Vintage
Earrings - Vintage
Belt - Charlotte Russe

3 comments:

  1. ooh, adorable outfit, I think it just might be one of my new faves. Love the pop of pink and you look gorg in that first picture. And I love your reasons for blogging, so, so true. I too love having a reason/a place to be creative. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your honesty is amazing and I appreciate your blog and YOU and think you write wonderfully too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the outfit. Alot. I like black, but you make it look pretty, not all dark and creepy. I would wear it more if I could, it is more mysterious and I would go sneaking about and spying on people.
    ANyhow, moving on.
    I am so proud of you. Maybe someday I will invent a word that will say how proud. I am amazed at how much your life has changed since you gave up looking for fame and...choose to serve God. I KNOW you are going to do wonderfully with this. You already have.
    Great job, DLS and keep it up 8-D
    Love you!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!