Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Taxi Down the Street // Daily Outfit + Small Adventures



After working six days in a row, I finally had a day off, and what better way to spend a day off than browsing around Wicker Park in Chicago? It was a really lovely day - the weather was pretty good, albeit a little cold; and I even managed to park! (Parking in Chicago is one of my biggest fears.)

One of the biggest reasons I decided to drive all the way up to Wicker Park was so I could stop by the Buffalo Exchange, which is basically a really nice, upper-end resale shop. They sell gently used clothing along with vintage clothing. I've only been there a few times, but I usually find at least one nice piece. This time it was this adorable pair of shorts. They fit great (a rarity for me when it comes to shorts!) and are the prettiest color of brown leather. I was a little unsure of them at first, to be honest, because of the leather, but after texting Lauren, Amber, Sarah and Emily for advice, and getting back a bunch of "yes!" texts (Amber's wins best text: "Life without those shorts is an abomination." Lol!) I took the plunge. Twenty-seven dollars for a pair of Top Shops shorts!? Yes please!

Afterward I picked up a couple other small pieces + a soap cupcake from Mojo Spa for Maddie, I grabbed a thing of green tea froyo from iCream (not the best flavor out there, but it wasn't bad), took some outfit photos in front of this gorgeous flowering tree, and headed home. All in all it was a great, albeit tiring day!

Did any of you do anything interesting with your day off this past week?
♥ ♥ ♥       
jacket: Old Navy via Ebay
shoes: Xhilaration via thrift store
necklace: flea market
bag: Jo Totes
lipstick: Kat Von D Foiled Love in Valentine
title: Metropolis by Owl City

5 comments:

  1. I love that dress!! I've been wanting to check out Buffalo Exchange for a while now, but we don't have any here. :( The closest ones are NYC and Boston and whenever I'm in either city (which isn't that often), I never remember to go! Also...I've been meaning to try tea-flavored ice cream/froyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a nice day! I want to go back to Chicago so badly, hopefully soon! This dress is SO cute and I love the color on you. Also, Buffalo Exchange is the BEST. We have one close to me at home and I've gotten so many of my clothes from there. I saw those shorts on Instagram and I'm so glad you got them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous!! Your adorable dress and your floral shoes look so incredibly pretty together!!Tea flavored froyo sounds amazing!! We absolutely love this entire look and you super cute blog <3

    http://bonnechancecollections.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, parking anywhere is my greatest fear. Let alone a big city like Chicago! I remember driving in a town as small as my own, by myself, and kept thinking that if I hit a car while I parked that I wouldn't know anyone or what to do. Luckily all crisis' were avoided. haha

    You look so positively beautiful! Your outfit is the perfect mix of girly but with an edge from the denim jacket. So glad you went for the shorts - I'd snatch those up if I had seen them as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah. I have heard of some of these places there, as one of my former friends has been living there for about 6 years now and had told me about them. I love your shoes and your dress! Super adorable.
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!