Home About What I Wore Contact Image Map

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mountains in the Midwest // Daily Outfit



Over the weekend my family and I went to our regular pumpkin far to get pumpkins to make jack-o-lanterns (you can see mine here!), and I just knew I had to wear my new plaid dress! Plaid and a farm just seem to go hand in hand.

Is there something about growing up in the Midwest and plaid? Do they just go together like peanut butter and jelly or something? It seems like Adam Young wears it lots, Jessica from Midwest Muse just did a post about her thoughts on plaid, and I've always had a bit of a love affair with it. I really hope my future husband will love plaid and have lots of flannel plaid shirts that I can steal from him. ♥

In other news We Love Colors were kind enough to send me these tights several months ago, but this is my first time wearing them! First it was too hot, but then I just had no idea what to wear them with! When I got this dress (from the thrift store for $5 with Target tags still on it, I might add!) I knew I just had to pair them together! I really love the sort of "country-rocker" look of this outfit.

 ♥ ♥ ♥       
dress: thriftstore
jacket: Topshop
belt: Windsor
boots: DSW
bracelet: gift from my parents
ring: Target
tights: c/o We Love Colors
sunglasses: ModCloth
lipstick: Kat Von D in Underage Red
Title: Designer Skyline by Owl City

8 comments:

  1. I love plaid...especially in the fall! It's perfect for a day at the farm/orchard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! We're carving a pumpkin for the FIRST time in our lives today!! :D I'm excited. I don't know what to do on mine though. -_- And I love your boots....a lot.
    ~Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've got me thinking if plaid really is a Midwest thing - I do know all the guys in my family wear it so there just might be a connection! haha

    I absolutely love your outfit! Teal tights are tough (I want a pair but would also not have a clue what to pair them with.. they're just pretty!) but I think you nailed it by putting on a teal dress. What a great outfit to contrast with the yellow corn/orange pumpkins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your belt and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont know about plaid and the midwest. But plaid and autumn go together really well! I love the outfit.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, maybe it's just plaid and the west. I do love my plaid! Almost all my button-downs are plaid, and I have a few plaid dresses and skirts as well.(; your dress is so cute! I love the color and how perfectly it matches your tights! And you got some great pictures at the farm! I'm jealous that it doesn't look as muddy as the one we went to...it was jeans and rubber boots for me! :P

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. these tights are great! i really love them too - and the dress was the perfect look for you. and i love the cornfield location too - definitely reminds me of home

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the color of those tights! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for deciding to comment! I always love hearing from people who enjoy my blog, and try to return the favor whenever possible.

Please note, however, that swearing and such talk is not allowed on here, and I reserve the right to delete any comments containing such speech. Let's keep this family friendly, ok?

Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a lovely day!